Hello. I’m Dan – a motion graphic designer. I’ve got more than five years’ experience working on brands such as Nike, Diageo, Sony and the English Premier League. I’ve worked both in a traditional ad agency, which had an in-house motion department, as well as a design studio. Comfortable video editing, animating 2D and 3D. I’m a sucker for a big, juicy project that requires a bit of problem solving and a solid two weeks’ graft. I also prefer working within a larger creative team, alongside art directors, copywriters and designers. It’s great to see a project from its initial conception to completion together.
I’ve spent the last fifteen months cycling 13,000+ km from the UK to New Zealand via Europe, Asia and Africa. When I wasn’t pedalling, I was modelling my bike in Cinema 4D — it was either that or trees. Actually in my spare time, pre-round-the-world-cycle, I’d be modelling something from around the house (or imagination – I don’t own a Greek goddess statue) and partaking in online challenges like 30 Days of Type. I’ve self-taught Cinema 4D and am constantly looking to learn new techniques. With daily riding finished, I’m now in Auckland looking for work.
Constantly working to stay up-to-date with trends.
Personal time spent working on 3D projects, such as 36 Days of Type.
Effective at managing workloads to meet tight deadlines.
Mid-Weight Motion Graphic Designer / 2016 - 2018 / OMM London
OMM London is a graphic design agency with specialist technology, motion, photography and print teams that combine to deliver innovative projects.
● Clients: Nike, Umbro, Premier League Football, England RFU, Samsung and Vitality.
● Motion projects included online films, social content, in-store displays and sport perimeter displays.
● Concepted creative and design ideas, particularly for Premier League Football.
● Involved in multiple pitches, contributing ideas and producing creative.
● Nike ‘Nike Air Max Day’ 2017 – Recreated assets from 2D to 3D.
● Nike ‘Born Mercurial’ 2018 – Storyboard, 2D animation, 3D texturing and lighting.
● England Rugby Team ‘Pitch’ 2018 – Concept, design, 2D and 3D animation.
- Samsung ‘Health Cycling Challenge’ 2018 – 2D animation.
Junior Motion Graphic Designer | Mid-Weight Motion Graphic Designer / 2012 - 2015 / TMW London
TMW is an award-winning advertising agency with an in-house motion department.
● Clients: Diageo, Lynx, Sure, Infiniti and Sainsbury’s.
● Motion projects included social, banners, online videos and internal comms videos.
● Helped establish a motion department alongside a senior motion graphics designer.
● Close working relationship with in-house producers.
● Worked alongside creative directors, art directors and copywriters.
Promoted to mid-weight motion graphics designer.
Clients: Diageo, Sony, Lynx, Sure, Virgin Trains, Infiniti, Stork Butter and Sainsbury’s.
● Motion projects included social, TVCs, award entries, digital displays, digital banners and branded videos.
● Worked closely with in-house producers, creative directors, art directors, copywriters, designers, planners and account handlers.
● Participated in several team brainstorms to collectively answer briefs.
● Helped develop and maintain ultra-wide, multi-screen displays for office reception.
● Stork Butter ‘Science of Scrumptious’ 2015 – Motion tracking, grading, 2D animation.
● J&B Scotch ‘Better Together’ 2015 – Typography treatment, 2D animation, grading.
● Sure Deodorant ‘DO:MORE’ 2015 – Concept, storyboard, 2D animation, video edit.
● Infiniti (multiple projects) – 2D graphics, video edit, music selection.
● Sony ‘Z Evolution’ – 2D animation
Industries I know well
Food & Beverage
Health & Beauty
Sport & Leisure
2012 Nottingham Trent University: Graphic Design BA (Hons) [2:1]
2009 Abingdon & Witney College: Art Foundation Diploma