I was formally at The Royal Academy of Art in The Hague, where I completed a Bachelor of Design.
Professor Gert Dumbar, an influential Dutch graphic designer, asked me to work at the ‘Studio Kabk’, so after graduation I worked on a full-time contract at the design studio of the Royal Academy of Art from September 2010 to September 2011. This has given me an opportunity to learn everything about the graphic design business, from concept development and making files press ready, to working as a team on tight deadlines with lots of different media, from books to television commercials.
In order to come up with a good design I unravel the clients identity and needs. This process is about dialogue, communication and honesty.Alongside these structured processes I like to work in a more intuitive way. To express my own thoughts and identity, I’m always working on illustrations, teaching workshops, creating visually interesting objects or looking for interesting content to entertain visitors of my blog.
I am constantly looking for new opportunities to work with others who share the same passion and drive for design, illustration, fashion and having fun while working hard.
I'm best known for...
Studio KABK | graphic designer
I worked in a small team consisting of two designers on the internal and external communications for the Royal Academy of Art.
Designer & Director / 2011 - Present / Freelance
As a Designer and Director I work on printed matter for small clients from the creative industry to large recognisable Duth clients which includes: magazines, flyers, books, posters, stamps, flags, postcards, stationary, newspapers, advertisements, annual reports, campaign design inlucidng posters, websites, social media bannersa and flyers.
Senior Graphic Designer / 2011 - 2015 / Raak Ontwerp
- Printed matter for small clients, from the creative industry creating magazines, flyers, posters, stamps, post cards, newspapers, advertisements and annual reports.
- Campaigns design including posters, websites, social media banners, advertisements, flyers and stickers.
- Typography for websites, books, magazines and posters.
- Desktop publishing for magazines, posters and books.
- Illustrations for magazine articles, newspapers, postcards.
- Product photography in a studio setting.
- Window signage
- Infographics for websites and magazines
- Responsive websites, social media content, animated GIF, user interface, newsletters
Industries I know well
Food & Beverage
Health & Beauty
Mediums I know well
EDM's & Newsletter
Social Media Content
Honours & awards
Gert Dumbar, Prix Noix du Tigre
Royal Academy of Art, The Hague | Koninklijke Academie van Beeldende Kunsten (KABK)
Bachelor of Science (BS) Graphic Design
Bachelor's Degree, Graphic Design